Upcoming Events and Webinars
Figure It Out Fridays free webinar. Registration required. Using a real family, learn how to glean and process information on these two census sets, how to pursue the leads they contain, and how to reconcile all of it to get a better picture of your ancestors in the latter part of the 19th Century.
Presentation. Genetic genealogy truly bears fruit if multiple family members on multiple lines of the family have tested. Learn how to create and manage a project for your family while being mindful of privacy and sensitive issues that may arise. Presented by the Jackson, TN FamilySearch Library.
Figure It Out Fridays free webinar. Registration required. Community genealogy research is key when fleshing out the lives of our ancestors, but staying organized while doing it hasn’t always been easy since the folks involved may or may not be related by blood. In this session, learn about software, systems, and hacks you can use to bring the community story back to life.
Free webinar. So, you’ve done a great job finding your ancestors, but you’re not sure where to start to try to locate their living descendants. In this episode, we’ll cover tips and tricks you can use to safely and respectfully unearth the identities of your living cousins. Hosted by Southern California Genealogical Society. Registration required.
8:00am to 4:00pm Pacific
Figure It Out Fridays free webinar. Registration required. Using a real family, learn how to glean and process information on these two census sets, how to pursue the leads they contain, and how to reconcile all of it to get a better picture of your ancestors in the early part of the 20th Century.
July 7-9 2020
Previously Recorded Webinars
Photography for Genealogy, Finding Isaac Rogers, Full Circle: Tracing the Descendants of a Slaveholding Ancestor, The Family DNA Project, Get set, GO! Planning and Executing a Successful Research Trip, Case Studies in Gray: Identifying Shared Ancestries Through DNA and Genealogy. Membership required in order to view.
Guess what? i talk alot.
Previous Press and
- “The bitter harvest of Richard Bibb: A descendant of slavery confronts her inheritance,” Lonnae O’Neal, The Undefeated
- “A genealogist’s discovery: ‘Ventress owned my family,” Blake Alsup, The Daily Mississippian
- “I got bacon in my DNA,” Brown Girls Do Podcast, Episode 3
- “Weaving our Ancestral Threads,” Mother’s Quest Podcast, Episode 50
- “4 Easy-to-Follow Steps for African-American Genealogy Newbies,” FamilySearch Blog
- “How DNA is ‘changing everything’ about genealogy,” Aubrey Eyre, The Deseret News
- WACKY Wednesday with DearMYRTLE – GenealogydotCoach
- Discovering Ties to Slavery with Genealogy and DNA
- Making Sense Out of Your DNA Results
- The Ultimate Family History Interview Primer
- Getting Youth Involved with Genealogy
- Indian Territory Freedmen Family History
- The African American Genealogy Bloggers
- Cool Ideas for Involving Youth in Genealogy
- RootsTech 2018 Wrap-Up
- Challenges in Searching for Your African American Roots