On August 25, 1619, John Rolfe, a tobacco planter, documented the arrival of Africans from Angola who were set to be enslaved in the Virginia colony. 2019 will commemorate the 400th anniversary of their arrival at Point Comfort in Hampton, Virginia. Join us for a discussion and celebration of their history and legacy. Special guests: Kathryn Knight, Ric Murphy.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please see my disclosure statement.
- Project 1619
- 2019 African Arrival Commemoration, Fort Monroe, Hampton, VA
- Ben Franklin’s World: Episode 250: Virginia, 1619
- Fort Monroe National Monument
- American Revolution 2019 1st African Landing
- International Decade for People of African Descent: 2015-2024
- Discover Virginia: FREE Virginia History Trails App : 2019 Commemorative App. iOs devices only.