Pullman porters, railroad workers, unions, and more. Researching an ancestor’s occupation can add breadth to a family history project. In this episode, learn tips and tricks and how to find records that document ancestors while on the job.
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please see my disclosure statement.
- They Call Me George: The Untold Story of The Black Train Porters, Cecil Foster
- Knights of the Razor: Black Barbers in Slavery and Freedom, Douglas W. Bristol, Jr.
- Railroads in the African American Experience: A Photographic Journey, Theodore Kornweibel Jr.
- Industrial Bank, B Doyle Jr Mitchell (Author), Patricia A Mitchell (Author), Dr Lisa Frazier Page (Contributor)
- Slavery’s Metropolis: Unfree Labor in New Orleans during the Age of Revolutions, Rashauna Johnson