On Demand Webinars
Photography for Genealogy, Finding Isaac Rogers, Full Circle: Tracing the Descendants of a Slaveholding Ancestor, The Family DNA Project, Get set, GO! Planning and Executing a Successful Research Trip, Case Studies in Gray: Identifying Shared Ancestries Through DNA and Genealogy, Newspapers for People of Color Genealogy, The Ultimate Family History Interview. Membership required in order to view.
8:00am to 4:00pm Pacific
Virtual Keynote and Presentation. Keynote speaker. Sponsored by California Pioneer Heritage Foundation. Held at the Sacramento FamilySearch Library. Registration required.
The Benefaction of You
Virtual Presentation. Sponsored by the Broward County Library.
22-23 April 2021
June 11-12, 2021
Juneteenth: Freedom Day
Virtual Event. Sponsored by Broward County Library. Registration required.
July 6-8, 2021
Betting on the Bureau
Virtual Presentation. Sponsored by the Sacramento Public Library.
Guess what? i talk alot.
Previous Press and
- Simone Boyce Traces Her Family Roots Back To Her Great-Great-Great Grandmother, MSNBC
- Simone Boyce Learns About Her Past And The Story Of Her Great-Great-Great Grandmother, MSNBC
- Civil War reenactor makes a surprising discovery, CNN
- The Census Is More Than Just a Form. It’s a Window Into the History of American Families, Jennifer Mendelsohn, Time
- “The bitter harvest of Richard Bibb: A descendant of slavery confronts her inheritance,” Lonnae O’Neal, The Undefeated
- “A genealogist’s discovery: ‘Ventress owned my family,” Blake Alsup, The Daily Mississippian
- “I got bacon in my DNA,” Brown Girls Do Podcast, Episode 3
- “Weaving our Ancestral Threads,” Mother’s Quest Podcast, Episode 50
- “4 Easy-to-Follow Steps for African-American Genealogy Newbies,” FamilySearch Blog
- “How DNA is ‘changing everything’ about genealogy,” Aubrey Eyre, The Deseret News
- WACKY Wednesday with DearMYRTLE – GenealogydotCoach
- Discovering Ties to Slavery with Genealogy and DNA
- Making Sense Out of Your DNA Results
- The Ultimate Family History Interview Primer
- Getting Youth Involved with Genealogy
- Indian Territory Freedmen Family History
- The African American Genealogy Bloggers
- Cool Ideas for Involving Youth in Genealogy
- RootsTech 2018 Wrap-Up
- Challenges in Searching for Your African American Roots