On Demand Webinars
Photography for Genealogy, Finding Isaac Rogers, Full Circle: Tracing the Descendants of a Slaveholding Ancestor, The Family DNA Project, Get set, GO! Planning and Executing a Successful Research Trip, Case Studies in Gray: Identifying Shared Ancestries Through DNA and Genealogy, Newspapers for People of Color Genealogy, The Ultimate Family History Interview. Membership required in order to view.
8:00am to 4:00pm Pacific
Virtual Keynote and Presentation. Keynote speaker. Sponsored by California Pioneer Heritage Foundation. Held at the Sacramento FamilySearch Library. Registration required.
*Rescheduled from March 14, 2020*
April 8-9 2021
June 11-12, 2021
July 6-8, 2021
Betting on the Bureau
Virtual Presentation. Sponsored by the Sacramento Public Library.
Guess what? i talk alot.
Previous Press and
- Simone Boyce Traces Her Family Roots Back To Her Great-Great-Great Grandmother, MSNBC
- Simone Boyce Learns About Her Past And The Story Of Her Great-Great-Great Grandmother, MSNBC
- Civil War reenactor makes a surprising discovery, CNN
- The Census Is More Than Just a Form. It’s a Window Into the History of American Families, Jennifer Mendelsohn, Time
- “The bitter harvest of Richard Bibb: A descendant of slavery confronts her inheritance,” Lonnae O’Neal, The Undefeated
- “A genealogist’s discovery: ‘Ventress owned my family,” Blake Alsup, The Daily Mississippian
- “I got bacon in my DNA,” Brown Girls Do Podcast, Episode 3
- “Weaving our Ancestral Threads,” Mother’s Quest Podcast, Episode 50
- “4 Easy-to-Follow Steps for African-American Genealogy Newbies,” FamilySearch Blog
- “How DNA is ‘changing everything’ about genealogy,” Aubrey Eyre, The Deseret News
- WACKY Wednesday with DearMYRTLE – GenealogydotCoach
- Discovering Ties to Slavery with Genealogy and DNA
- Making Sense Out of Your DNA Results
- The Ultimate Family History Interview Primer
- Getting Youth Involved with Genealogy
- Indian Territory Freedmen Family History
- The African American Genealogy Bloggers
- Cool Ideas for Involving Youth in Genealogy
- RootsTech 2018 Wrap-Up
- Challenges in Searching for Your African American Roots