DID YOU MISS OUR LATEST GOOGLE+ HANGOUT? CHECK OUT THE RECORDING NOW!
The fourth of six Google+ Hangouts hosted by me and sponsored by #BlackProGen took place on October 27. This video chat was AMAZING and covered A LOT with regard to genealogy and DNA testing. We had panelists sitting in from California, Kentucky, Maryland, New Jersey, Tennessee, Virginia. For a list of the panelists and their websites, see below.
Panelists during this session included:
Nicka Sewell-Smith – https://www.whoisnickasmith.com
True Lewis: http://mytrueroots.blogspot.com
Angela Walton-Raji: http://africanrootspodcast.com/
Bernice Bennett – http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bernicebennett
Linda Buggs-Simms – http://mississippirooted.blogspot.com
SOUND OFF BELOW:
- What is the draw for DNA? Why are so many people, especially people of color, interested in DNA?
- What are some of the challenges that people of color encounter with DNA research?
- Let’s talk about making connections with new “cousins” of other races. Is that a brick wall for some?
- What are some of the more outrageous things you’ve experienced or you’ve heard others experienced in DNA research?
- Let’s talk emotions around results – what are they and what impact have they had on your research life.